Friday, June 13, 2008

Farm Share Friday #2

This week's share was similar to last week's: asparagus, cucumber, parsnips, spring onions, salad mix, lettuce, radishes and red potatoes. I confess I still have a bit of arugula and bok choi left over from last week, plus the rhubarb and parsnips!

[Apologies for another ghastly photo from Tuesday's cell-phone-camera photo session. Yes, I have new camera batteries now!]

The asparagus always seems to go first at our house - we stir-fried it again to have with our Turkey Burgers (this time I used lemon juice and olive oil rather than sesame oil).

I haven't gotten much further with this week's share other than to make green salads. I'm not much for radishes, so I think I'll let my hubby snack on those. I am definitely making those rhubarb muffins this weekend - I'll share the recipe here once I have it worked out to my satisfaction.

The parsnips (now that I have 4 of them to use up!) will be my big experiment. I want to do something summery with them, rather than a more fall-like roasted vegetable dish (yes, I know I said I was going to roast them last week, but now I've changed my mind since I'm firmly entrenched in my summer cooking mode). Stay tuned for what I hope will be an innovative and tasty recipe!

No comments: